HomeGirl burns hair blowing out candles on birthday cake

Girl burns hair blowing out candles on birthday cake



A three-year-old girl’s birthday party was momentarily disrupted after her hair caught alight when blowing out her candles.

A girl’s hair has gone up in flames after it caught alight while she tried to blow out candles at her birthday party.

The three-year-old Northern Territorian sustained minor burns to her scalp and ears and was treated by paramedics who responded to the incident at about 5.20pm on Sunday night.

She was taken to Royal Darwin Hospital in a stable condition.

Her birthday party was held at an address in Durack, an inner-city suburb of Palmerston about 22km southeast of Darwin.

St John NT operations manager Craig Garraway said the girl was now “doing well”.

“A young three-year-old girl lent over to blow the candles out – is my understanding – and her hair has caught on fire, which is quite sad,“ he told ABC Radio Darwin.

“I think she continued on and enjoyed the party at the end.”

Mr Garraway said it was a concern all parents had when watching their young children lean over the flames.

“You can sort of see it happening when you watch your kids blowing out candles and think how lucky we are they don‘t catch alight,” he said




LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Must Read

spot_img