HomeWilliam Tyrell search: Renewed search enters its fifth day, creek drained

William Tyrell search: Renewed search enters its fifth day, creek drained

Police are honing in on one section of bushland, as the renewed search efforts for William Tyrrell have enter their fifth day.

Renewed search efforts for William Tyrrell have entered their fifth day, with investigators still focusing their attention on a small section of bushland on NSW’s mid north coast.

Police officers and NSW Rural Fire Service personnel arrived at the search site on Batar Creek Rd, Kendall, just before 8.30am on Friday.

Police are using a water pump to drain the nearby creek today as part of investigation into what happened to the missing three-year-old.

It is understood hydrologist Professor Jon Olley, who found murdered Queensland schoolboy Daniel Morcombe’s remains in 2011, worked around the now-cleared creek area on Thursday — with police now searching through the mud for remains to be examined by the professor.

A NSW Police spokesperson told news.com.au draining nearby water sources is standard practice in these types of searches.

Investigators have spent days clearing dense bushland about 1km from the former home of William’s foster grandmother where he disappeared in September 2014.

Officers have been meticulously sifting through soil for anything that could indicate what happened to William all those years ago.

On Thursday, AFP officers used a high-tech radar to scan floor of the garage at William’s now deceased foster grandmother’s former home on Benaroon Drive, Kendall.

The AFP’s Forensics Imagery and Geomatics team used the ground penetrative radar to search for any disturbances or anomalies in the soil beneath the concrete flooring.

It was later revealed the results had returned “clean data”, with a police spokesperson saying there was “nothing that would indicate any abnormalities of interest to the investigation”.

It is understood the concrete slab in the garage was installed some time after William’s disappearance.

Investigators wrapped up Thursday’s search shortly after 3pm as rain began to fall across the site.

Officers quickly covered the area in black tarps to protect it from the rain.

Storms are expected to hit the area this weekend, though police said they will continue the search unless the rain becomes “torrential”.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Must Read